Slightly Social in a Canadian mobile gaming developer which publishes and distributes its gaming titles for BlackBerry, Android, Smartphones, iPhones, iPads, iPods and as a gaming innovator in 2013.
|Position Type:||Student Job|
Mobile Developer Internship – Unity
Slightly Social is a mobile game developer and publisher, located in a huge former gym and spa in London Ontario. We develop fun easy to play mobile games for iOS platform as well as various other mobile platforms. We focus on rapid iterative development to push out games using lean and agile methods.
Our culture is based on fitness, family and fun. We value the work-life balance, and we promote a healthy lifestyle. We also have a hot tub, steam room, private showers & dressing rooms, so our headquarters is well suited to be an apocalypse survival compound for at least 50 people, so its ok if you haven’t built one yet.
You’re a self-motivated, inventive hard-working A-Player. You enjoy the challenge of solving different types of game engine development challenges while working on different game engines from plat-formers to puzzlers to 2d shooters.
You’re creative problem solver and are not afraid to ask for help, or use online resources to find a solution. You value autonomy, you’re a team player but you can set your own schedule and work alone if need be. You enjoy mastering your craft.
Your Mission at Slightly Social
Support the leadership team by building new games and re-skinning existing code engines. With our very fast develop and release cycle, you will gain years of experience in a matter of months. More specifically you will:
- Work with mobile games built in Unity with C#
- Work in xcode with cocos2D and cocos2d-x
- Write code in objective-c and c++
- Upload test versions of your games to Testflight
- Play Ping Pong and do P90X (optional)
- Concept new game engines with our design team
- Work in the video game industry!
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to take detailed direction and follow through on tasks
- Passion to make video games for all game types
- At least one year post-secondary completed, with current enrollment
- Strong written and verbal English skills
- Attention to quality and detail
- A portfolio of existing games (doesn’t matter what it looks like, just game design and game-play)
Sound like a fit?
Email your resume today careers@slightlysocial